How to Make Your Laptop Load Faster?

Photo by Daria Shevtsova from Pexels

You can make your laptop run faster by replacing the hard-disk drive (HDD) with a solid-state drive (SSD). Just bring your laptop to a computer shop near you and have it done by their in-house technician.  That will melt away your frustration from waiting too long, and you can get your task done right away. 

I have a laptop that loads slowly, but I had solved that when I asked a technician to install an SSD inside my laptop to replace the hard-disk drive. Before the installation, my laptop took so long to load. I wait like, forever, before I can use it. It is irritating and upsets my writing mood. I often say, "Ang bagal naman!" Sometimes, I've already done other chores and my laptop is still loading. I can only say in frustration, "Anong petsa na? There were moments that I wanted to throw my laptop and replace it with a new one. But buying a new one would be expensive and, besides, my current laptop has some years left in it.

I had to find a cheaper way to fix my problem. So I searched for answers on Google, and I found out, from this website, that one of the reasons for slow-loading laptops is if it still uses an HDD. I read that the HDD slows down over time. I also learned that there is a new type of drive, which is the SSD that makes computers load up faster. Acting on that information, I decided to replace the HDD inside my laptop and replace it with an SDD.

An SSD is a type of storage media that stores data on solid-state flash memory. It is also known as flash drives or solid-state disks. It has no moving parts that break or spin up or down. SSDs are now common in newer desktop and laptop PCs

An SSD reads and writes data to interconnected flash memory chips made of silicon. It can retain data even when it is not connected to a power source. The early SSDs were first used on consumer devices. The first flash-based device, the Apple iPod used SSDs and were widely distributed to the consumer market.

A much older disk drive, the HDD has a spinning disk with a read/write head on a mechanical arm. It has a spinning arm and it reads and writes data magnetically. The HDD may encounter mechanical breakdowns because of the magnetic properties.

Because it's mechanical, the HDD's movements, like storing and retrieving data, become slow because the mechanical parts tend to deteriorate over time. The parts may also be affected, especially if you carry your laptop with you all the time.

Anyway, I went to a computer shop and had the HDD replaced with the SDD for PhP2,500. That amount already includes the labor fee. Before removing the HDD and installing the SDD, the technician warned me to save all my files inside the laptop, which I did. 

After the SDD was installed, the laptop loaded much faster. It took just seconds to load. I was so happy because I won't agonize from waiting too long for my laptop to load.

There are things you should consider when replacing an HDD with an SSD:

  • Make sure that the technician knows how to replace the Windows operating system installed inside your laptop, or else it will be a problem when you start using your laptop. 
  • Make sure that the technician knows how to install MS office applications once the SSD is installed or you can load it by yourself.
  • SSD has a smaller storage space compared to HDD. It's okay if you use your laptop mostly for writing documents. If you require bigger storage, buy a flash drive as a storage back-up for your files.

Source: https://searchstorage.techtarget.com/definition/SSD-solid-state-drive


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Seventies - The "Disco" Era

Grandfather@50

Organic Rice in the Philippines For Healthy Living