Listening to Karmin While Taking a Break from the Rat Race

Pop and rap music combined. Cool!  Try listening to this duo.

I had a chance to listen to them when I took a break from the rat race. I've been having some health issues lately probably due to stress; manifested through cough and skin rashes. Anyways, the self-imposed break did some wonders. My irritating cough, which bothered me almost daily, simply went away and my skin rashes didn't bother me that much anymore.

The benefit I got from this break was to get the required amount of sleep which I think is really good for the health. When I was commuting to Makati going to work every day from Monday to Saturday, I made it a point to wake up early (4 am..yawnnn), so that I won't be caught in the early morning rush hour.  I was always early at the office arriving at 6 am. Although I was spared of the traffic it took a toll on my health because I was only getting around 5-6 hours of sleep. In my case, I probably needed about 8 hours of sleep.

Also during this respite, I spend most of my time in the house reading books; brisk walking inside the subdivision; watching TV; going to the mall with my wife Susan.  Lately, I went to Marikina Sports Center to do some brisk walking.

Also, another benefit of this break, I started listening to music again which I didn't have the luxury when I was completely immersed in the "rat race".

Good thing there was YouTube, so I chanced upon Karmin. It's an American pop duo consisting of Amy Noonan and Nick Noonan.   Their particular rendition of Nicky Minaj's Super Bass kinda stuck in mind  (LSS).  They also have lots of cover songs of different artists. Their sound is pop with a twist of rap which caught my attention. They're both good at playing musical instruments with Nick playing great music on keyboards. Amy's vocals and rapping is really superb. She's pretty good with the guitar too.

Here's a sample:



The story of this pop duo is quite interesting. They started out as indie artist over YouTube.  Each time their cover songs would be uploaded they would get huge hits.  This paved the way for them to be signed up with a major label (see article)

The videos of this duo are really cool. Recently they've re-launched Karmin into a solo act under the name QVEEN Herby. Anyways, it's a different sound and probably under a different genre. We'll see how they will turn out this time.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Seventies - The "Disco" Era

Grandfather@50

Organic Rice in the Philippines For Healthy Living