The Seventies - A Fun Decade (1970-1979)

I was a child of the seventies.  I finished my grade school back in '75, and finished high school in '79.  There were a lot of things brewing in the seventies.  It was a cultural upheaval that probably originated from public dissent in the U.S. against the Vietnam War in the sixtees spawning the "hipee culture", which somehow washed up on the shores of our island paradise.

In the Philippines, there was also a rising form of public dissent mostly from college students, because of the Martial Law era.  I am not an anthropologist, but my comments are merely observations when I was a kid and also as an adult looking back.

Looking back though, I think it was the fun decade.  I say this because the fashion back in the days was flamboyant, stylish and loud.  I love wearing platform shoes, baggy (flare) pants and open collar shirts. I like copying John Travolta's hair style in "Saturday Night Fever".  Every time I catch a re-run of the movie shown on cable tv I'm transported back in time.


Not contented with John Travolta aka Tony Manero, I also aped Shaun Cassidy's moves and songs and wished I had his looks and his nice looking locks.


Another memory trigger is Donna Sommer's 1978 hit song "Last Dance", every time I hear it , the effect is like time-travel shot in the arm.

Those are some of the few things to remember back then.  If I grow old I'll probably be daydreaming a lot about the seventies while sitting in my rocking chair.

I'll be blogging on this, reminiscing, researching about the 70's and sharing it in "blogosphere" which would be my own small way of bringing the seventies to the 21st century.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Seventies - The "Disco" Era

Grandfather@50

Organic Rice in the Philippines For Healthy Living